The Advanced Chess Class started for the first time in July of 2019. Each week, the coaches give a lesson that is appropriate for students of a skill rating of FIDE 400+. Students will learn a variety of advanced topics including openings, tactics, middlegame plans, strategies and endgame techniques.
The chess coaches will include at least 1 Titled Chess Master, IM Stanislav Smetankin.
IM Stanislav Smentankin
- FIDE rating 2506
- Fide Trainer, International Master (with 2 GM-norms)
- Chess coaching experience: 16 years
- Former Olympiad team member for Belarus
- Triple Bronze medal winner at the European Youth Championships
- 2-time winner of Midwest US Championship
- Winner of many prestigious European and American Chess Tournaments
These classes are suited to students rated FIDE or NSWJCL 400+ and under the age of 18, or by coach invitation.
Hornsby NSW 2077
Advanced Chess Class (Hornsby) Code: F354PWEZ8A
Mondays: 5:00pm-6:30 pm
To view term dates, prices, and to enrol, please go to https://sydneyacademyofchess.com.au/payment and enter the code shown above then tick the appropriate term(s) and follow the prompts to make a credit card payment.
For all enquiries please contact the Sydney Academy of Chess on (02) 9745 1170 or email email@example.com