The Epping Junior Chess Club is starting for the first time on Friday 9th August, 2019. If numbers permit, there will be 3 groups of different levels at this club - a Beginner group, an Intermediate group and an Advanced group. Each week, the coaches give a lesson that is appropriate to the skill level of the children who are attending. Beginners will learn how to play and all of the rules of chess, progressing to learn some basic checkmates and strategies when they are ready. Intermediate and Advanced players will learn about opening theories, tactics, strategies and endgames improving their game and expanding the calculation skills and foresight that they have already been developing.
The chess coaches will include 2 Titled Chess Masters, IM Stanislav Smetankin and FM Eivind Risting.
IM Stanislav Smentankin
- FIDE rating 2506
- Fide Trainer, International Master (with 2 GM-norms)
- Chess coaching experience: 16 years
- Former Olympiad team member for Belarus
- Triple Bronze medal winner at the European Youth Championships
- 2-time winner of Midwest US Championship
- Winner of many prestigious European and American Chess Tournaments
FM Eivind Risting
- FIDE rating: 2314
- FIDE Master with 2 International Master norms
- Norwegian Champion u12 (2012)
- Finished 10th in the u16 European Championship
- Training experience with many Grandmasters
- Studied at NTG, the famous chess school with Magnus Carlsen
- Played many blitz and training games with the current World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen
Workbooks are also available to aid your child’s development and for extra practice at home. For more information on our Workbooks, please click here.
Anyone under the age of 18
St Alban's Anglican Church
3 Pembroke Street,
Fridays 3:45pm - 5:15pm
2019 Term Dates
Term 3: 9th August - 27th September
Term 4: 18th October - 13th December
Term 3: $240
Term 4: $270
To enrol for the Epping Junior Chess Club, please go to https://sydneyacademyofchess.com.au/payment and enter the code DEIVLFEYPU then tick the appropriate term(s) and follow the prompts to make a credit card payment.
For all enquiries please contact the Sydney Academy of Chess on (02) 9745 1170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org